Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Erickson Family Update 12-17-08

Wow, what a crazy last month we have had! Our trip home to see everyone went wonderfully. Unfortunately we didn't get to see everyone we wanted to but I think that is the situation every time we come home. Blake's baptism went very well and I had a blast on my birthday. Thank you to our friends, Mark and Amber Alexander, for being Blake's sponsors. We had a wonderful Thanksgiving and hope that you had a Happy Thanksgiving too.

The day after we got home Luke had to go to work already and has been at work almost every day since (including weekends). He had two small trips he went on and has been busy with a big inspection coming up in January. This big inspection is the reason that Luke's orders to North Carolina are now posponed and the reason why we will now be moving in August instead of May. He was supposed to leave for training in January to be able to move in May but the squadron needed him since only him and one other guy have gone through this type of inspection before in his part of the office. I think we are both looking forward to it being over so there aren't as many late nights and weekends.

If you all haven't heard we have been having some crazy weather out here. It is only on very rare occasions that it snows in Western Washington. Sunday we had about an inch and a half or so of snow. Brooke's school had a 2 hour late start on Monday because of the snow so she didn't have school since Kindergarten is only half day. We made Christmas cut-out cookies while it was snowing on Sunday and then decorated them on Monday. We had some fun mother-daughter time while Blake slept. Brooke also played some in the snow. She had a fun time throwing it at the dog. Well if that wasn't enough snow, even though it melted some it wasn't enough to get rid of it all, today it is snowing again. We got about an inch and a half again and it is supposed to continue to snow off and on throughout the day. It is just beautiful. Brooke had a snow day from school today and I am almost expecting the same today since they do not have snow plows out here. They mainly just lay sand and salt down and the people driving on it get it to melt too....which can almost be more hazardous sometimes. Sound like it is to snow Sunday and possibly over Christmas as well. I am really hoping for White Christmas!

Blake is doing very well. He and I got a cold when we came home from Wisconsin but we both are better now. I took him in at one point to the doctor because he was getting kinda bad and I was amazed that he already weighed 14 pounds! Blake is just getting out of his 0-3 month clothes. He is just such a happy baby. He loves to smile and to laugh. We are very lucky that he is a great sleeper. He normally sleeps about 5-6 hours until he needs to be fed. It has been wonderful! He is on what seems to be a good schedule during the night and day. It is hard to believe he is going to be 3 months old tomorrow!

The snow has made me feel a lot more at home and not as homesick. I think I am almost more excited about Brooke's snow day than she is! It just makes me feel like a kid again. I have been busy with getting ready for Christmas. Christmas cards, decorations and cookies have been taking up a lot of my "free" time. At least I am just about done and will then be able to just sit down and enjoy it all. I have had a few other situations that I have had to take action on that have kept me busy as well. Last Wednesday the compressor in our refridgerator went bad. We are so lucky that it didn't happen while we were in Wisconsin. We were able to save most of our stuff. We did have to go a couple of days without a fridge. It wasn't supposed to be fixed until the day after Christmas but the service technician felt so bad he searched around more and was able to get it fixed only two days after it went out instead of over two weeks! What a blessing! If that wasn't enough, this past Monday afternoon I caught a guy trying to steal a package from my doorstep!! It could have went so differently in so many ways now that I look back. I am very lucky. A lot of Monday afternoon was spent talking to our neighborhood watch, the sheriff department, and FedEx. I'm still very glad that I caught him in the act though.

Ofcourse we have pictures like always. We had some pictures taken by Luke's aunt and uncle while we were home. They own VanHelden Photography. The pictures are only good on this site until January 20th.
Here is the link: http://amandaercksn.photoherald.com
I have also started a blog of where I will be adding the Erickson Family Updates as well as some other little updates here and there. It has some pictures on there as well. The link is: http://amandaercksn.blogspot.com/
If you want to see more pictures than what are shown on my blog, here are a few links:
November 2008 pics (including from the visit to WI): http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=40013&l=0de5c&id=641524478
Blake's Baptism: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=44305&l=d9b14&id=641524478
My birthday: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=44306&l=b2017&id=641524478

We hope that you all are doing well and hope to hear from you all soon! Have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Love,
Luke, Amanda, Brooke and Blake

No comments: