I just wanted to let you all know how amazing some people are. I truely believe that if you are nice to people that people will be nice in return and that prayers always do wonders as well. Today seems to be more proof of that. Before we left for our vacation to Wisconsin our refridgerator started making a funny noise. We knew it wasn't right but couldn't do anything about it at that time. It still worked so that was the main thing. Two days ago (Wednesday) it completely stopped working.
Blessing #1 - It kept working while we were in Wisconsin so we didn't loose everything.
Blessing #2 - It went out while Luke was home to help me with getting everything figured out. Blessing #3 - It was still under warrenty.
When the technician came this morning he confirmed what we though...the compressor no longer worked. Although you could see by the look on his face that he didn't want to tell me, he told me that the part had to be ordered and wouldn't be able to be fixed until the day after Christmas. Although I was worried about how we could go two weeks without a fridge, especially over Christmas when I always have a big Christmas Eve dinner, I told him that I understood and that we would make it work for us. After calling around and trying to get a few things figured out, I then received a phone call from the tech. He had searched around and found the part that we needed. He said if I was going to be home that he would go and pick up the part and bring it back this afternoon to replace it.
Blessing #4 - There are still many kind-hearted people in this world.
Blessing #5 - My technician was one of them!
Blessing #6 - We can still have our Christmas Eve dinner for our friends who do not have a place to go.
As I sit here waiting for him to come, I truely understand how blessed we are, and how some people will go out of their way to help others. While I always try to do the same, I fully understand how wonderful it is to be on the receiving end!
ALL DONE!
15 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment